The Partnerships Committee was established in 2013 as an APSA committee in response to our growing desire to expand the interest-specific opportunities and mentorship APSA can offer physician scientist trainees. The responsibilities of this committee involve negotiation, maintenance, and strategic planning for APSA outreach and partnerships. Its primary goals are to increase APSA visibility, advocate for physician scientist training, and expand the benefits we are able to offer our members.
Current Work of the Partnerships Committee
- Documentation – We are working diligently to develop formalized documents for our established and new partnerships, as well as create databases detailing our various partner
- Dialogue – We communicate regularly with our established partners to ensure the publicity of existing opportunities and evaluate new opportunities for collaboration.
- Negotiation – We strategically expand APSAs partnerships to ensure that they best represent the interests of our members and evaluate the many new requests for collaboration that are brought to the attention of APSA leadership.
- Publicity – We collaborate with the APSA Public Relations Committee to ensure that partner benefits and opportunities are advertised to APSA members through our media outlets, and to ensure that our partners receive appropriate recognition for the many ways in which they support our organization and its members.
- Annual Meeting Program Support - Several APSA partners provide benefits to APSA by supporting our annual meeting programming. The partnerships committee works directly with the Annual Meeting Planning Committee to develop specialty/interest-specific programming and workshops.
Opportunities for Involvement
- International Partnerships
- Policy/Advocacy-Related Partnerships
- Interest Group/Specialty-Related Partnerships
- Minority/Underrepresented in Medicine Partnerships
- Annual Meeting Program Support
- Partnerships Documentation/Database construction and maintenance