APSA is a student run organization that relies on the support of trainees for its continued advocacy of the physician-scientists training pathway. APSA is strongly committed to support the development of physician-scientists from all training backgrounds. Whether it be MD, MD-PhD, DO, DO-PhD, and many more, we welcome anyone and everyone to join us in our mission to address the needs of physician-scientist trainees.
APSA Membership is overseen by students on the Membership Committee (MC), which consists of a Chair, Vice-Chair(s), and committee members. This committee makes every effort recruit new APSA members and engage existing members through the following mechanisms:
- The committee communicates directly with Institutional Representatives at each participating institution to update them on opportunities and events at the national level.
- IRs are essential for horizontal communication between institutions with physician-scientist trainees and APSA
- It is APSA’s goal that each and every institution with a medical school has a filled IR position
- Apply to be an APSA IR
- The membership committee also promotes and manages the Institutional Membership program, which allows institutions to purchase memberships in bulk, encouraging more students to take advantage of the numerous benefits exclusively available to APSA members
- Please visit our Institutional Memberships webpage for more information!
- The membership committee manages our Local Chapters program and maintains open lines of communication between the local chapter leaders and APSA
- There are currently over 30 active Local Chapters across the country, and the membership committee ensure’s that these local chapter are able to communicate and share ideas
- The membership committee also oversees numerous APSA-sponsored awards that exclusive to local chapters including $1000 keynote grants, $750 travel awards, and $100 event grants
Learn how to start how to start a local chapter at your own institution
Local Chapter Information