Public Relations Committee (PR Committee)
The Public Relations Committee serves to promote and market APSA via social media, development of promotional materials for distribution at conferences and meetings, and interfacing with APSA's membership-at-large through monthly email.
What does the PR Committee do?
- Disseminate information regarding upcoming events and opportunities from our partnering organizations via monthly emails.
- Maintain APSA's presence on social media by posting announcements, scientific news, and public interest articles relevant to physician-scientists.
- Develop an advertising prospectus to augment our number of sponsors and partner organizations.
- Collaborate with other committees to design new articles for distribution among APSA members.
- Create promotional material for regional and annual meetings.
- Compile handouts to distribute at conferences highlighting benefits of APSA membership.
- Continue to work towards APSA becoming a "buzzword" among MD/DO/PhD program directors and students.
- Improve APSA's brand recognition by developing a logo utilizing imagery consistent with APSA's mission.
- Ensure that all schools that offer MD/DO/PhD programs will have institutional representatives in APSA and that our advertising and materials will be available to all students in such programs.
- Consistently achieving 3000-5000 weekly total views on Facebook® posts.
- Improve APSA presence and visibility on Twitter®.
- Transition Phi Psi Newsletter to 1 page PDF that is image-centric with short story captions to be sent out following regional meetings in the fall and the annual meeting in the spring.
- Improve functionality and overall appearance of APSA website in conjunction with Technology Committee.