The overall purpose of the Fundraising Committee is to maintain the finances of APSA, which entails soliciting funds and donations to support APSA, expanding the Institutional Membership program, and developing relationships with external organizations and companies. The committee will work closely with all other committees to ensure financial needs are adequately met to achieve global success for APSA.
Main Goals for the 2013-2014 year:
- Working to ensure the future financial stability of APSA
- Finding new funding sources through organizations and companies
- Developing financial policies
- Expanding the Institutional Membership program
- The Institutional Membership (IM) initiative's objective is to increase trainee membership within APSA
- We hope that IMs will increase participation at APSA's Regional and National Conferences.
- Additionally, IMs can provide students greater opportunities to network among colleagues, develop professional skills, and advance their developing careers.
- Please visit our Institutional Membership Website for further details.
- The Company Sponsorship initiative's overall objective is to develop partnerships between companies and APSA's trainees.
- As the next generation of physician-scientists, this initiative provides unique opportunities for biomedical companies to network with up-and-coming leaders in the healthcare field.
- Benefits of supporting APSA include:
- Exposure to thousands of students, residents, and physicians who attend our meeting and visit our website every year
- Opportunities to reach both present and future physician-scientists who collaborate or work directly with industry
- Exposure to young trainees who are primary consumers of products and devices produced in industry
- Opportunity to enhance transparency of career development paths in industry and ways to transition from academica to industry for young clinical-investigators
- Many opportunities for companies to support APSA are available, including, but not limited to:
- Please visit our Advertising and Sponsorship page for further opportunities!
Interactions with other APSA committees:
- The Fundraising Committee works closely with all other APSA committees to ensure that APSA's finances are ousted to best benefit it's membership base.